We've sort of moved.

Catch up with us @ http://www.kapeepcity.com.
(You will be redirected in 5 seconds.)

Friday, August 6, 2010

WHAT?: Wyclef Jean Running for President in Haiti


It's not exactly a shocker, however it is shocking. Haitian rap artist Wyclef Jean is now running for president of Haiti. He's always been a supporter of his own home country, especially during the devastator earthquake. Although his charity was clouded with rumors of fraud and such, I'm pretty sure his intentions will be perfectly clear on this one. This is what Wyclef had to say.

"I wanted to bring Santa Claus to the slums because these kids were poor but I didn't feel like they shouldn't have a Christmas, so I brought a carnival into the slum and I took a helicopter and I landed with my daughter and a Santa Claus right in the middle of Cité Soleil."

He was staying as he always does in Haiti in the Hotel Montana. Three weeks later, on 12 January, the entire building was reduced to rubble in the massive Haitian earthquake.

"We escaped death by a few weeks. So that's why I'm standing [for president]. Maybe I could have waited another 10 years for this, but this is urgent. Singing about policy is not enough. I've seen musicians sing about it all their life. I've taken the position to not only exercise what we are singing about, but to see if we could take five years to move this country into a better direction."

For some reason, this excites me more than do our own retarded politics. I think it's because this candidates is actually in a position to do something great for a broken country, and not only that, he most likely will, and mark his place in history. No homo.
Hit the jump for the full story.
vi@the Guardian.co.uk

No comments: